Boku Inc (LON:BOKU) CFO Stuart Neal talks to DirectorsTalk about positive trading update. Stuart explains how the company has seen continued growth in all key metrics during 2017, what being EBITDA positive for the second half of 2017 means to the company, the benefits that’s attracting retailers and carriers when a consumer pays via the Boku platform, the focus areas over the next few months, how trading is going and the outlook for the next financial year.
The Group saw continued growth in all key metrics during 2017:
· Revenue for FY 2017 is expected to be in the range $24-24.5 million, an increase of approximately 40% over 2016 ($17.2 million)
· Adjusted EBITDA* is expected to be positive for H2 2017, a major milestone for the company
· Total Processed Value (TPV)** of $1.7bn for 2017 was more than triple the 2016 amount of $554 million thanks to continued growth across all customer segments – most notably App Stores and Digital Music Subscriptions & Bundling
· Monthly active users of the Boku platform exceeded 8 million in December 2017, a 140% increase over the same period in 2016, demonstrating that Boku continues to provide an effective way for digital merchants and platforms to acquire new paying customers
· The company held approximately $20m in cash at the end of 2017