Home » News » PLC News » Reabold Resources increase its interest in Danube Petroleum
Reabold Resources plc

Reabold Resources increase its interest in Danube Petroleum

Reabold Resources PLC (LON:RBD), the AIM investing company which focuses on investments in pre-cash flow upstream oil and gas projects, has today announced that, following the highly encouraging results of the Iecea Mica-1 appraisal well, onshore Romania, as announced on 9 September 2019, it has entered into an agreement to increase its interest in Danube Petroleum Limited via a subscription for new ordinary shares in Danube.

Sachin Oza, Co-CEO of Reabold, commented:

“We are delighted to be increasing our holding in Danube Petroleum following the successful IM-1 well result and in advance of the imminent testing of the well.  Importantly, we have retained our option to invest another £2m at a fixed price, with the potential to increase our equity position significantly, and likely in support of the funding of the IM-2 well.”    

Danube has a 100 per cent. working interest in the sole risk area within the Parta licence that includes IM-1, as well as 50 per cent. of the remainder of the Parta licence. ADX Energy Ltd (“ADX”) is the operator of the licence and has also participated in the Subscription. The proceeds of Subscription are intended to be utilised by Danube in the production testing of the IM-1 well.

Following completion of the Subscription, Reabold will hold a 41.6 per cent. equity interest in Danube, with ADX holding the remaining 58.4 per cent.

Pursuant to the Subscription, Reabold has subscribed for 810,811 Danube Shares at an issue price of £1.00 per share via two tranches, with the first tranche being for 237,838 Danube Shares (“First Tranche Shares”) and the second tranche being for of 572,973 Danube Shares (“Second Tranche Shares”). Reabold has funded its participation in the Subscription from existing cash resources.

Pursuant to the Subscription, ADX has subscribed for 540,541 Danube Shares at an issue price of £1.00 per share, comprising 158,559 First Tranche Shares and 381,982 Second Tranche Shares.

Both Reabold and ADX have paid for their First Tranche Shares and payment for the Second Tranche Shares is required on or before 30 September 2019.

For the year ended 31 December 2018, Danube recorded a loss for the period of £84,543. As at 31 December 2018, Danube reported net assets of £5.54 million.

As announced on 11 December 2018, Reabold has an option to subscribe for a further 1,627,604 Danube Shares at an issue price of £1.20 per share, and ADX may subscribe for a further 651,042 Danube Shares at an issue price of £1.20 per share, if Reabold and ADX elect to do so within six weeks of receipt of well logging data from the final logging run on the first Parta appraisal well. Danube has agreed to extend the final date of exercise of these options from six to 12 weeks after final logging of the IM-1 well. 

Join us on our new LinkedIn page

Follow us on LinkedIn