Cadence Minerals plc (LON:KDNC OTC:KDNCY) has noted that Macarthur Minerals plc (TSX-V: MMS) (ASX: MIO) has appointed the following leading consultants to enhance the delivery of the Feasibility Study for the high-grade magnetite, Lake Giles Iron Project in Western Australia.
· Study Management: Optimize Group has been appointed to provide study management services and to assist it in the preparation of the final Feasibility Study Reports.
· Transport Logistics: Projectus Infrastructure has been appointed to provide transport infrastructure (rail and port) optimisation support for the delivery of the Feasibility Study.
· Economic Modelling: FTI Consulting has been appointed to provide economic and financial modelling services for the Feasibility Study.:
Highlights of Optimize Group Appointment:
· Highly regarded study management consultant Optimize, appointed to support Macarthur’s owners’ team.
· Optimize will provide key study management support functions.
· Appointment will provide Macarthur with access to a broad range of technical disciplines necessary for optimal management of externally appointed study consultants, critical assessment of study deliverables and the efficient control of study costs.
· Appointment will provide enhanced rigor to the study process and to ensure that the Feasibility Study is delivered within expected timeframes and approved budget
Highlights of Projectus Infrastructure Appointment:
· Highly regarded Australian infrastructure advisory and services firm Projectus, has been appointed to provide transport infrastructure advisory and feasibility study services.
· Appointment will provide access to specialist services for the development of a robust mine-to- port transport infrastructure configuration and operating model.
· Appointment will assist Macarthur to:
o identify transport infrastructure alignment, access and interface issues (across road transport, rail and port);
o create a detailed route to market operating plan to inform Macarthur’s approach to commercial rail and port contract negotiations; and
o mitigate potential project operations risks.
Highlights of FTI Consulting Appointment:
· Highly regarded global management consultancy FTI appointed to support Macarthur’s owners’ team to provide financial modelling services for development of an advanced financial model for the Feasibility Study.
· FTI’s specialist mining advisory group will accelerate the financial modelling process and will assist with strategy assessment, options resolution and economic optimisation.
· Appointment to provide Macarthur with access to robust financial modelling functionality for the delivery of the Feasibility Study, to assist project financing negotiations.
Ian McKenzie, Vice President of Engineering – Optimize Group commented: “Optimize Group is pleased to be involved in the development of such an outstanding project. Integration of the study team members will provide an effective study execution plan with positive outcomes. Optimize Group is looking forward to supporting the Macarthur Minerals team and project.”
Bryce Jones, Projectus Managing Director commented: “We are delighted to be contributing an important part of the Feasibility Study to support Macarthur in its development of the Lake Giles Project.”
Andrew Bantock (Senior Managing Director, Co-Leader of Asia Mining and Mining Services Corporate Finance & Restructuring) at FTI Consulting commented: “FTI is pleased to be working with Macarthur Minerals to develop a best-in-class bespoke DFS financial model for the Lake Giles Iron Project. Our specialist mining advisory team will work closely with Macarthur’s management and its technical consultants to enable various project development scenarios to be assessed and resolved quickly and accurately.”
Commenting on all of these appointments, Andrew Bruton, Chief Executive Officer of Macarthur Minerals stated: “We are very pleased to be working with the teams at Optimize Group, Projectus and FTI Consulting. The appointment of these consultants at this critical phase of the Feasibility Study is strategic and is designed to ensure that Macarthur’s owners’ team is appropriately supported with the disciplines necessary to deliver a robust study that is capable of withstanding the rigour of technical and financial due diligence as we move through project financing. 2021 is set to be a breakout year for Macarthur. Further updates on Feasibility Study progress will be regularly provided to the market throughout the course of the year.”
Cadence Minerals Holding in Macarthur
As a result of dilutions Cadence now holds approximately 1% of the issued equity interest in Macarthur, which is an Australian mining exploration company focused primarily on iron ore, nickel, lithium and gold in Western Australia. It also has a lithium project in Nevada, USA.