GYG Plc (LON: GYG), the market leading superyacht painting, supply and maintenance company, announced today that Kevin McNair, currently Interim Chief Financial Officer, has been appointed to the Board as Chief Financial Officer with immediate effect. This follows the announcement on 31st July 2019 that Gloria Fernandez was stepping down from the Board.
Kevin joined the Company on 11 March 2019 to ensure that there was a smooth handover of responsibilities ahead of Gloria’s planned leave. Kevin has already developed a very strong and deep understanding of GYG and has been an integral part of the team since joining the Group.
Kevin has more than 25 years’ experience in financial management and capital markets. He has spent the past 15 years as finance director/chief financial officer of various publicly quoted and privately-owned businesses, most recently as interim CFO at Ebiquity plc.
Stephen Murphy, Chairman of GYG plc, commented:
“On behalf of the Board, I am delighted that Kevin has agreed to join the Board of GYG as permanent CFO. Since Kevin joined the Group in March, he has embedded himself in the business and taken on significant responsibilities and there is no doubt that his experience and knowledge will be invaluable as we continue on our growth journey.”
The Company will announce its interim results for the six months ended 30 June 2019 on 26 September 2019.
The following information is being disclosed pursuant to Rule 17 and paragraph (g) of Schedule 2 of the AIM Rules for Companies.
Kevin Hayes McNair, aged 53, is, or has during the last five years been, a director or partner of the following companies and partnerships:
|Current directorships/partnerships||Former directorships/partnerships within last five years|
|AKC Management Services Limited||Ebiquity plc|
Rame Solar One Limited
Rame Energy plc
Nigel Wright Consultancy Limited
Nigel Wright Employment Services Limited
Nigel Wright Group Holdings Limited
Nigel Wright Group Limited
Nigel Wright International Limited
Angel Mining plc
Nigel Consultancy Deutschland Gmbh
Nigel Wright Consultancy APS
Nigel Wright Consultancy Espana S.L.
Nigel Wright Consultancy Sweden AB
Nigel Wright Consultancy Switzerland Sarl
Nigel Wright Consultancy Netherlands B.V.
Nigel Wright Consultancy Norway AS
In addition to the above, Kevin McNair was:
· appointed a Director of Boxwood Group Limited on 1 April 2003. On 15 December 2005, the business and assets of Boxwood Group Limited were acquired by Boxwood Limited as part of a pre-pack administration. There was no shortfall to creditors;
· appointed a Director of Angel Mining plc on 24 May 2010. The company was placed into administration on 1 March 2013 and subsequently dissolved on 20 November 2018;
· appointed a Director of Rame Energy plc on 22 January 2015. The company was placed into administration on 5 August 2016;
· appointed a Director of Rame Solar One Limited on 10 August 2016. The company was placed into administration on 11 August 2016 and subsequently moved to creditors voluntary liquidation on 2 September 2017; and
· appointed a Director of Certainty Group Security Services (Holdings) Limited and Certainty Group Total Facilities Management (Holdings) Limited up until his resignation in December 2005. The Company was placed into administration on 1 May 2006, entered members voluntary liquidation on 14 November 2007 and was subsequently dissolved on 9 September 2008.
The Board does not consider that they have any impact on Kevin McNair’s suitability to act as a director of the Company.