Cheese on Toast: Consequences of Student Cooking Experiments

UK News

Yesterday, a fire broke out at a student accommodation block in Avery Hill, London due to unsafe use of a toaster. The kitchen, where the fire originated, was completely gutted. Fortunately, there were no reports of any injuries. Firefighters from four different fire stations attended the scene and the fire was under control by 11.18am.

The London Fire Brigade has since issued a warning for people to not use toasters on their side to make cheese on toast. They advise that electric appliances should only be used for their designated purpose and toasters should be kept clean to prevent fires. Additionally, they recommend checking that toasters and other appliances are turned off and unplugged when not in use and to keep clutter away from appliances as it can accidentally switch them on or catch fire.

This incident serves to remind us of the importance of safety in the kitchen. It is essential to always be vigilant and practice caution when using electrical appliances.

Find more news, interviews, share price & company profile here for:

    Good news travels fast (but only if you make that happen). Share on:

    Forum friendly shortlink:

      AIM All Share Index