NQ Minerals Plc (NEX: NQMI) Executive Director Roger Jackson joins DirectorsTalk to discuss successfully shipping approximately 34,500 tonnes of precious metal pyrite concentrate from the Company’s Hellyer Gold Mine. Roger explains the significance of this for the company,how this was achieved and hints at key milestones investors can expect to see from the company in the coming months.
The mineral processing, exploration and mining company, earlier today announced that it has successfully shipped approximately 34,500 tonnes of precious metal pyrite concentrate from the Company’s Hellyer Gold Mine out of Burnie Port, Tasmania.
- Milestone first bulk shipment of precious metal pyrite concentrate for the Company.
- The shipment contained higher than forecasted grades for both gold and silver.
- The pyrite component of the product contains high sulphur and iron grades.
- The Board expects regular shipments of pyrite from Hellyer.
- Since completion of the refurbishment in late 2018, the Company has now successfully produced and sold three quality concentrates from Hellyer as follows:
- — a lead gold silver concentrate;
- — a zinc concentrate; and
- — a precious metal pyrite concentrate.
Roger Jackson, Executive Director of NQ Minerals, commented:
“This bulk shipment of precious metal pyrite concentrate represents a significant milestone for NQ Minerals. We have now delivered three high quality concentrate products to the market from our flagship Hellyer mine, with industry leading customers in both Australia and Asia. We will continue to deliver on this exciting project, with positive net contributions to both the local economy and the environment, while generating robust cash flows for the Company.”