Gettysburg, PA, July 11, 2018 — OPEN MINDS has announced the final agenda and featured faculty for the highly anticipated 2018 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute, taking place on August 14-17, 2018 at the Hilton Long Beach in Long Beach California. This year’s Institute will focus on the emerging clinical and management best practices needed for organizational sustainability in value-based reimbursement arrangements.
Devan J. Cross, President of MHN, will kick-off the Institute with an opening keynote presentation, “Integration, The End Of The Carve-Out & The Importance Of Financing – The Health Plan Role In Facilitating “Whole Person” Care.” David K. White, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Baymark Health Services, will present the keynote on the second day of the Institute with his morning presentation titled, “The Future Of National Specialty Organizations: Where Do Specialists Fit In An Integrated World?” Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS, Monica E. Oss will close day two of the Institute with her plenary address, “What Is A Best Practice? Exploring The Role Of Evidence-Based Practices, Practice-Based Evidence & Big Data.”
Sessions planned throughout the Institute include:
- Best Practice Staffing Models For The New Value Equation: An Executive Discussion On Compensation, Retention & Productivity
- Cutting Edge Telepsychiatry: Sustainable Program Models In Practice
- Increasing Client & Staff Engagement Through Creative Use Of Technology
- Building A New Strategy For A New Market: A Guide To Scenario-Based Planning & Portfolio Management
- A Guide To Self-Direction In The I/DD Market: Incorporating Consumer Self-Direction Into Your Program Model
- Evidence-Based Practice & Practice-Based Evidence: How Technology Should Support The Former & Produce The Latter
- A Provider Organization’s Guide To MAT: How To Incorporate Medication Assisted Treatment Into Your Model Of Care
- Best Practices In Revenue Cycle Management: A Guide To Optimizing Your Revenue Cycle In A Value-Based Market
- How To Be Operable In An Interoperable World
- Minimizing Physical Restraint & Seclusion Initiative: Safety You Can Count On
- Can There Be Best Practices In Complex Care? A Town Hall Discussion
- The Future Of Peer Support Services: A Review Of Successful Models In A Value-Based Market
- How To Adapt Your Organization To The Future: A Guide To Managing Data For A Performance-Driven Environment
- Addressing Quality For Patients With Bipolar Disorder: Diagnosis, Stigma, & Cost Of Care
The final list of guest speakers for the Institute include thought leading executives from influential organizations across the country, including:
- Sue Ann Atkerson, LPC, MBA, Chief Operating Officer, RI International
- Diane Beastrom, President & Chief Executive Officer, Koinonia Homes, Inc
- Carol Carmichael, Assistant Vice President, Network Strategy, Beacon Health Options
- Clayton Chau, M.D., Ph.D., Regional Executive Medical Director, St Joseph Hoag Health/Providence St Joseph Health Southern CA Region
- Philip Cirrone, MS, Chief Operating Officer, Elite DNA Therapy Services
- Lori Clarke, Chief Program Officer, SDSU Social Policy Institute
- Joseph M. Costa, MSW, President & Chief Executive Officer, HillSides
- Kristi Daugherty, LCSW, LISW, MBA, Chief Executive Officer, Emergence Health Network
- Bill Dollar, Chief Information Officer, Kings View Corporation
- Kent Dunlap, President and Chief Executive Officer, Stars Behavioral Health Group
- Jeremy J. Gatto, MSW, LICSW, Clinical Social Worker, HealthPartners
- Briana Gilmore, Director of Planning & Recovery Practice, Community Access
- Stephen Hahn-Smith, Ph.D., Vice President, Quality Management, Anka Behavioral Health
- Leon Hoover, MSW, MMgmt, CEO, Kings View Corporation
- Patricia Kreil, Lifesharing Unit Director, Resources for Human Development (RHD)
- Todd A. Landry, MBA, Ed.D., Chief Executive Officer, Lena Pope
- David Lisonbee, President & Chief Executive Officer, Twin Town Treatment Centers
- John MacKenzie, RN Coordinator Psychiatric Telemedicine, Dignity Health
- Christina Mainelli, Executive Vice President of Strategy and Product Development, Beacon Health Options
- Cristin R. Martinez, MS, LPC, Assistant Director, Burrell Behavioral Health
- Brian McCann, President & Chief Executive Officer, The Faison Center, Inc.
- Matthew R. Osborne, MS, BCBA, LBA, Director of Adult and Residential Services, The Faison Center, Inc.
- Kristyn Peck, MSW, Chief Executive Officer, West Michigan Partnership for Children
- Alex Rocha, MBA, CPHQ, Quality Improvement Director, Kings View Corporation
- Jim Rodriguez, MBA, CSBI, Chief Financial Officer, Kings View Corporation
- Rayann Rohrer, Regional Director, Resources for Human Development (RHD)
- Nancy Rostoni, Manager, Performance Based Child Welfare, Child Welfare Services and Support, Michigan Department of Human Services
- Mario San Bartolomé, M.D., M.B.A., M.R.O., FASAM, National Medical Director, Substance Use Disorders, Molina Healthcare, Inc.
- Lori M. Schmidt, Director of Behavioral Health, HealthPartners
- Christy Shaver, VP of Operations, Monarch NC
- Christopher Yadron, Ph.D., LCPC, CADC, Vice President of the West Region and Administrator of the Betty Ford Center, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
- Karen O. Yarberry, MA, LPC, Executive Director, Jefferson Hills
- Scott Zeiter, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, Grafton Integrated Health Network
In addition to the Institute sessions, this management-focused week will feature two executive seminars and one executive summit before the main institute on August 14, 2018.
- Is Your Organization Managed Care Ready? An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Provider Organization Planning & Positioning For Success
- Designing & Implementing Innovative Treatment Programs: An OPEN MINDS Executive Summit & Showcase
- How To Develop A Successful Marketing Plan: The OPEN MINDS Seminar On Marketing Strategy
Directly following the Institute on August 16, 2018, an executive seminar will be featured and on August 17, 2018 the week closes out with The OPEN MINDS Children’s Services executive summit.
- How To Prepare For & Succeed With Value-Based Reimbursement: An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Organizational Readiness For Value-Based Contracting
- The OPEN MINDS Children’s Services Executive Summit
The 2018 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute is the only national event focused on moving innovation to action by providing the management and clinical best practices every executive needs to improve the service system for consumers with complex conditions. For four days, 300+ executives and 20 innovative exhibitors will gather in Long Beach to discuss the emerging clinical and management best practices needed for organizational sustainability in value-based reimbursement arrangements.
Registration is filling up quickly. For the complete list of Institute attendees, see our Institute Attendees page. Early registration is recommended, as seating will become limited closer to the event. Online registration is available online at: https://management.openminds.com/register/.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Sarah Threnhauser, Vice President, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence and strategic advisory firm focused on the sectors of the health and human service field serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 175+ associates provide market insights and innovative management solutions designed to improve operational and strategic performance. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
CONTACT: Tim Snyder OPEN MINDS 7173341329 email@example.com
This article has been provided by Nasdaq Globe Newswire.