Dekel Agri-Vision, Symphony Environmental Technologies, Biome Technologies, Jubilee Metals Group, Ferro-Alloy Resources, Gresham House and Ilika are all AIM-listed London Stock Exchange companies developing technologies and products that make a positive environmental and social impact. Here’s a review of DirectorsTalk’s most popular investor sustainability news and exclusive CEO interviews in March.
Dekel Agri-Vision plc (LON:DKL),the West African agriculture company focused on building a portfolio of sustainable and diversified projects currently in Sustainable Palm oil and Cashews
- Executive Director Lincoln Moore presents Dekel’s latest Investor presentation here setting out its group strategy, sustainable approach, investment case, the massive market demand for palm oil, the rise in palm oil prices, production figures and company financials.
- Dekel Agri-Vision sixth consecutive month of double-digit increases in monthly CPO production, sales and prices. March 10, 2021. Highlights:
February represents a sixth consecutive month of double-digit increases in monthly crude palm oil (CPO) production, sales and prices compared with the same month last year:
- 43% increase in CPO production to 5,163 tonnes
- 36% increase in CPO sales to 4,754 tonnes
- 17% increase in average realised prices to €792 per tonne
Strong margins currently being generated at Ayenouan as a result of international CPO prices trading at near 10-year highs in a band between €850-900 per tonne
Peak harvest season currently underway and Dekel is increasingly confident that 2021 yields will be higher than 2020
Lincoln Moore, Dekel’s Executive Director, said: “We have made a terrific start to the financial year due to a combination of global prices trading at multi-year highs and a strong start to the peak harvest season. In addition, the construction of the large-scale cashew project at Tiebissou is advancing well. Commissioning is currently scheduled for June 2021, and we expect as this operation settles, it will drive a further step up in financial performance over the next 12-24 months. We believe this is an exciting period for shareholders as we see our growth strategy come to fruition.” Read the full article here.
Symphony Environmental Technologies Plc (LON:SYM) global specialists in supplying and developing technologies that make plastic and rubber products “smarter, safer and sustainable”:
- Announced its preliminary results for the year ended 31st December 2020. Group revenues £9.77 million (2019: £8.22 million); Gross profit £4.11 million (2019: £3.78 million); Reported loss before tax £0.44 million (2019: £0.70 million). Increases were seen across all its main product areas. Read the full article here.
- CEO Michael Laurier joins DirectorsTalk to discuss the findings of a 5 year Oxomar study. Michael explains what the study is, what it set out to achieve, the findings, what it means for the company and what else investors can expect over the coming months. Michael Laurier said “No government can now be in any doubt that oxo-biodegradable plastic (as distinct from oxo-degradable plastic) does properly biodegrade in the open environment, and is not toxic. This is not therefore the type of material that the EU intended to prohibit and I trust that this and other scientific evidence will now dispel the confusion in the marketplace.” Listen to Michael here.
Biome Technologies plc (LON:BIOM) a growth-oriented, commercially-driven technology group focused on Bioplastics and Stanelco RF Technologies
- Announced its audited final results, for the year ended 31 December 2020, on 25 March 2021. Highlights:
- Another strong year for the Bioplastics division with revenue growth of 65% building on the 81% revenue growth achieved in 2019. The division enters 2021 with a healthy pipeline of customer positions and prospects.
- RF Technologies division revenues reduced to £0.8m due to the ongoing over-capacity in the division’s core fibre optics manufacturing market.
- Reported Group loss before interest, interest, taxation and amortisation (LBITDA) of £0.9m (2019: LBITDA of £0.5m), in line with market expectations, with Group operating loss of £1.6m (2019: loss of £1.0m).
- Group cash position as at 31 December 2020 was £1.7m (31 December 2019: £2.1m) with no debt.
Paul Mines, Biome Technologies Chief Executive Officer said: “2020 saw further strong revenue growth from the Group’s Bioplastics division reflecting the conversion of the pipeline of opportunities that it entered the year with. New opportunities from both existing and new customers continue to present themselves both for bioplastic packaging from the coffee sector and other segments of the food and beverage packaging market. We will continue to work our cash resources to maximise our ability to overcome the challenges posed by Covid-19 and deliver good medium-term growth for shareholders”. Full results are available here or listen to an exclusive interview with CEO Paul Mines here.
- Biome Technologies accelerating lab and ‘real-world’ testing of its exciting new product (Interview). March 18, 2021. CEO Paul Mines joins DirectorsTalk to discuss a further funding contract to complete the development phase and reach commercial production of its biodegradable tree shelter project and a commitment to the United Nation´s ´Race to Zero. Paul explains what the Race to Zero is, why its important for the company, why its important to investors, why biodegradable tree shelters are important, Biomes answer to the problem and why the award is also important. Listen to an exclusive interview with CEO Paul Mines here.
- Biome Technologies accelerating coffee-pod filtration materials (Interview). March 18, 2021. CEO Paul Mines joins DirectorsTalk to discuss a contract to accelerate sales of its coffee-pod filtration materials. Paul explains what coffee-pod filtration materials are, why he announcement is important for Biome, the synergies with the Stanelco RF division and why this announcement is important for investors. Listen to the exclusive interview here.
Jubilee Metals Group plc (LON:JLP), industry leading metal recovery business
- Another set of strong results with further revenue streams coming online (Interview). March 26, 2021.Jubilee Metals earnings for the six-month period increase 212%, to a record £30.9 million. CEO Leon Coetzer joins DirectorsTalk to discuss half year results. Leon talks us through the standout numbers, explains if be this can sustained or have we reached a plateau for Jubilee and what shareholders look forward in the short term. Full results are available here and listen to the exclusive interview with CEO Leon Coetzer here.
Ferro Alloy Resources Limited (LON:FAR), the vanadium mining and processing company with operations based in Southern Kazakhstan
- Ferro-Alloy Resources “A Dream Project in the Mining Space” (Interview) March 16, 2021. CEO Nick Bridgen joins DirectorsTalk to discuss a subscription agreement for up to US$12.6m with Vision Blue Resources. Nick explains what this means for the company, the funding structure, what attracted Sir Mick, what he brings to the table, offtake rights, the operations update, demand for vanadium and what can we expect to see from FAR in the short term now this strategic investment has been secured. Listen to the exclusive interview with CEO Nick Bridgen here.
- Ferro-Alloy Resources subscription agreement for up to US$12.6m with Vision Blue Resources. March 15, 2021. Announced it has entered into a subscription agreement for up to US$12.6m with Vision Blue Resources, a company led and founded by former Xstrata CEO Sir Mick Davis, and a limited number of co-investors. Sir Mick Davis will join the Company’s board as Chairman following completion of the Initial Investment outlined in the Subscription Agreement. Chris Thomas, current Chairman of FAR, will resume the role of Non-Executive Director on Sir Mick Davis’s appointment. Full announcement here.
Gresham House plc (LON:GHE), Sustainable investments in Forestry, New Energy, Housing & Infrastructure.
- Gresham House Delivering another year of strong growth (Interview). 12 March 2021.CEO Tony Dalwood and CFO Kevin Acton join DirectorsTalk Interviews to discuss annual results for the year ended 31st December 2020. Tony talks us through the highlights, progress made on the five year plan and how the company is approaching its sustainability plans. Kevin explains how they are managing to balance between investing in the business while managing cost and just how scalable the business is without adding further cost. Listen to interview here.
Ilika plc (LON:IKA), pioneer in solid-state battery technology
- Ilika plc Recieves ISO Certification of Environmental Management System. 18 March 2021. Ilika announced that it has received ISO 14001:2015 certification following an assessment of its environmental management system.
The accreditation covers the Company’s continuing research and development as well as production and commercialisation of both its Stereax miniature batteries for Industrial Internet of Things and medical device applications, and the larger format Goliath batteries for automotive and consumer electronics applications.
ISO 14001:2015 is part of a family of standards developed by the International Organisation for Standardisation. It specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organisation can use to enhance its environmental performance. The certification confirms that environmental impact is being continuously monitored and improved.
Graeme Purdy, Chief Executive Officer of Ilika, said: “We are pleased to have been accredited with this ISO standard, which, alongside the LSE green economy classification that we received just over a year ago, serves as excellent recognition of our eco-friendly credentials. We take our Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance responsibilities seriously and this certification, together with our existing ISO 9001 accreditation, demonstrates that commitment to all our stakeholders.”
DirectorsTalk spotlights some of the fastest growing London-listed companies and industry sectors that are contributing to a more sustainable world. Visit our Sustainable website for exclusive content.